Head of Development
Dan joined Wildstar Films as Head of Development in October 2018 and has recently also taken on a series producer role. Prior to that he spent 20 years at the BBC Natural History Unit, working as a producer/director on a huge range of content, from the landmark Frozen Planet to the hugely popular Springwatch Live. He also worked as Series Producer on 4 major series, including the BBC/National Geographic co-production Atlantic and 2018’s highly-acclaimed BBC/PBS co-production Animals With Cameras. His time at the BBC also included a spell as the Natural History Unit’s chief technology strategist.
Dan’s work has won many awards, including:
- Primetime Emmy, Best Non-Fiction Series (Frozen Planet)
- BAFTA, Special Award (Springwatch)
- Sapphire Award, International Wildlife Film Festival (Frozen Planet: On Thin Ice)
- Best Nature Film, Shanghai International Television Festival (Ganges: Waterland)
- Best Natural History Programme, Royal Television Society West (Wild Arabia: Sands Of Change)